Loft Question
Jack™
2006-07-10 03:02:39 UTC
I'm looking to fill the gap between my PW and my 56* Sand Wedge. I have
the Taylormade r540 XD irons. Does anyone know the loft of the PW in
that set?
Big Clobbey Bobber
2006-07-10 13:04:03 UTC
Lee O.
2006-07-10 16:21:31 UTC
Post by Big Clobbey Bobber
TM PW's are usually 45 degree - maybe
the 'XD' means its a degree or so
stronger? A pro shop can tell you in a
minute.
According to TaylorMade, in their 2004 handout catalog, "XD stands for
extra distance and is a process that TaylorMade engineers created to
enhance the performance elements of a metalwood to make it more
powerful."

The catalog does not include XD in their lineup of irons. The irons
listed are rac CB, rac CB/MB, rac HT, rac OS, rac LT. and rac CGB. Loft
specs are not listed.

Cheers Lee O.
greenkeeper
2006-07-10 17:54:31 UTC
Post by Lee O.
Post by Big Clobbey Bobber
TM PW's are usually 45 degree - maybe
the 'XD' means its a degree or so
stronger? A pro shop can tell you in a
minute.
According to TaylorMade, in their 2004 handout catalog, "XD stands for
extra distance and is a process that TaylorMade engineers created to
enhance the performance elements of a metalwood to make it more
powerful."
The catalog does not include XD in their lineup of irons. The irons
listed are rac CB, rac CB/MB, rac HT, rac OS, rac LT. and rac CGB. Loft
specs are not listed.
Cheers Lee O.
Try this page for the r7XD:
http://www.taylormadegolf.com/product_detail.asp?pID=24&section=specifica
tions

It has a similar page for all models.
--
alan

http://www.pbase.com/alancampbell/image/61631357
pete z
2006-07-11 02:09:53 UTC
Post by Jack™
I'm looking to fill the gap between my PW and my 56* Sand Wedge. I have
the Taylormade r540 XD irons. Does anyone know the loft of the PW in
that set?
Take it to to a pro or clubmaker, and ask him to measure it. My guess
is 44 degrees,
so you'd want a 50 to 52 degree gap wedge.
Jack™
2006-07-11 18:40:08 UTC
Thanks to everyone for their help. I'm going to look into a 52* wedge.
Wish me luck getting a good deal!